[R] Read trajectory file into R

Karim Elsawy elsawy at ysbl.york.ac.uk
Wed Jul 23 12:39:05 CEST 2003

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Karim Elsawy wrote:
>
> > I wonder if there is a way to read a molecular dynamic trajectory file (
> > binary file) produced by CHARMM into R. Something like that in matlab.
> > Actually this will save tremendous effort in post processing.
>
> If you know the file format, yes.  That's a main aim of connections and
> function readBin().   Function read.S (in package foreign) is an example.
>
> --

Thanks a lot for your help, actually I do not know the exact file format
at the moment
all what I know is :
"The DCD files (the trajectory files) are single precision binary
FORTRAN files, so are transportable
between computer architectures. They are not, unfortunately,
transportable between big-endian (most workstations) and little endian
(Intel) architectures "

is this enough????

best regards
karim