[R] Strange behaviour when running R from within Emacs on Winddows

Søren Højsgaard Soren.Hojsgaard at agrsci.dk
Wed Jul 23 14:44:16 CEST 2003

Dear R-experts,
I run R in a shell under Emacs on Win2k using ESS. I get the following strange error

> shell("copy c:\\file.txt c:\\newfile.txt")
warning: extra args ignored after 'copy'
Forkert syntaks for kommandoen.
Warning message:
cmd execution failed with error code 1 in: shell("copy c:\\file.txt c:\\newfile.txt")

The same problem emerges independently of whether I use a dos or bash as shell!

However, if I run the shell() thing in the Gui, things work fine and so do they in Rterm

Can anyone help me?
Thanks
Søren