[R] .ps files in R

Ko-Kang Kevin Wang kwan022 at stat.auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jul 23 21:03:18 CEST 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Johanna Hardin wrote:

> in ghostscript.  I've also tried many different rotating commands in LaTeX
> (angle in \includegraphics, \rotate, \sideways,...) But, the picture seems
> to be unaffected by any of these commands.

I find it the rotation won't show up in the DVI file, but will once you
convert the DVI file into a PS file.  But that's another story.

> Does anyone know a trick to getting R postscript files into LaTeX?

When I need to generate a PS file in R I always do something like:
  postscript("foo.eps", height = 6.9, width = 6.6,
             horizontal = FALSE, onefile = FALSE, print.it = FALSE)
  plot(1:10)
  dev.off()
then in my LaTeX file do something like:
  \begin{figure}[h!]
    \centering
    \begin{center}
      \includegraphics[width = .8\textwidth]{foo.eps}
    \end{center}
    \caption{My Caption}
    \label{fig:foo}
  \end{figure}

--
Cheers,

Kevin

"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament],
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will
the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the
kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

-- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
---- From Computer Stupidities: http://rinkworks.com/stupid/

--
Ko-Kang Kevin Wang