[R] Re: geoR size limit problem

Miha STAUT mihastaut at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 25 11:04:04 CEST 2003

>Dear Miha (cc: Paulo Ribeiro [the developer of geoR, who is not subscribed
>to R-help])
>
>Some reproducible code would help here.

Unfortunately I do not have an internet connect on my computer, that is why
I did every thing very descriptive. Anyway I will try:

str(df)
   [#approx 2500]
$ x ...
$ y ...
$ z ...
library(geoR)
g<-as.geodata(df)
expvar<-variog(g, uvec=seq(0,1000,25), option="bin")
matern<-variofit(expvar, ini=c(1600,300), cov.model="matern", fix.nug=T,
nug=25, kappa=1.5, max.dist=800, weights="npairs")

library(GRASS)
G<-gmeta()
grid<-expand.matrix(G$xseq,G$yseq)
length(G$xseq)
900 #approx
length(G$yseq)
650 #approx
krige.matern<-krige.conv(g, loc=grid, krige=krige.control(obj.m=matern,
type="OK"))

#5 min processing
can not allocate vector of 1500000000 #approx

Thanks, Miha Staut