[R] Difficulty replacing NAs using Hmisc aregImpute and Impute

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Fri Jul 25 14:22:47 CEST 2003

On 07/25/03 06:28, Greg Blevins wrote:
>Hello R experts
>*My end goal is to have NAs physically replaced in my dataframe.  I have
>read the help pages and example in above sited pdf file, but to no avail.

aregImpute does not do what you want.  It creates n.impute
different values for each missing datum.  You san see them with
"imputed" in what it returns.

You might be able to get what you want with some other package
such as EMV, mix, norm, or the impute function in Hmisc.

An excellent and discussion of imputation for the novice (which I
just read yesterday - being a novice myself!) is by Shafer and
Graham, in Psychological Methods, 2002, 7, 147-177.  What
aregImput does is shown in Fig. 4 of that paper, as I understand
it.

Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R page:               http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/