[R] Sending emails from R under Windows

Pikounis, Bill v_bill_pikounis at merck.com
Wed Jul 30 13:51:09 CEST 2003

David,
I second Jason's good suggestion, with the additional comment that if you
have Outlook on the same machine, a short VBScript through the Windows
Cscript / Wscript facility should be another sufficient alternative to
consider. An example of this can be found at
http://www.mindspring.com/~tflynn/excelvba2.html#Send_Mail  I use something
similar to this, and even though it is written for Excel VBA, the logic
should transfer over to VBScript. And as Jason specifically says, system()
provides the interface you would need to launch the script.

Hope that helps.

Bill
Bill Pikounis, Ph.D.

Biometrics Research Department