[R] Sending emails from R under Windows

David Khabie-Zeitoune dave at evocapital.com
Wed Jul 30 20:15:05 CEST 2003

Thanks to everyone that responded on this subject -- 4 responses with 4
separate solutions to the problem! Thanks especially to Gabor
Grothendieck for introducing me to "blat", the freeware emailer
executable which was the solution I implemented in the end, as it
avoided problems caused by Outlook's security features getting in the
way (my COM instance of Outlook got very paranoid when R tried to send
mails and kept popping up with warning messages which meant I could not
really use this non-interactively).

Anyway, thanks again.