[R] Alignment when rotating text and symbols

p.b.pynsent p.b.pynsent at bham.ac.uk
Thu Jul 31 18:01:50 CEST 2003

Thank you for this, infact I have just discovered that adj is much more
predictable and does what  I want.
I still remain surprised that when I rotate some text 180 degrees I do
not get an upside down version of  the unrotated text relative to the
point. As the reasons for this are clear to Prof. Ripley and yourself,
it just demonstrates my ignorance of R.

> Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, p.b.pynsent wrote:
>
>>> What I had hoped for was what I get with srt=0, rotated as whole so
>>> it
>>> looked the same but was just rotated to the specified angle.
>>
>> But you got what is documented, and my example addessed that.
>
> The docs are arguably a bit unclear when it comes to combining 'srt'
> and 'pos'. You might get more easily predictable results by using the
> 'adj' argument instead of 'pos'.
>
> --
>    O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Blegdamsvej 3
>   c/ /'_ --- Dept. of Biostatistics     2200 Cph. N
>  (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark      Ph: (+45) 35327918
> ~~~~~~~~~~ - (p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk)             FAX: (+45) 35327907

Prof. P. B. Pynsent,
Research and Teaching Centre,
Royal Orthopaedic Hospital,