[R] packages on R on a Mac

Roger Coupal coupal at uwyo.edu
Tue Jul 22 16:37:06 CEST 2003

Hello, i am new to R and have it on my Mac with OSX 10.2. I downloaded
the systemfit package and tried to run it and it didn't work. I think i
need to install the package, or update R to let it know that I have
that in the library. (i simply placed the systemfit folder in the R
library.) When i run update.packages(systemfit) or
install.packages(systemfit) i get the following error:

Error: couldn't find function "install.packages"

So apparently just placing it in the library folder is not the right
way to do it.  How do i add contributed packages? thanks.

Roger Coupal
Dept. of Agricultural and Applied Economics
University of Wyoming
Laramie, Wyoming
307-766-5246
http://agecon.uwyo.edu/