Rtips (was Re: [R] ? building a database with a the great examples

Paul E. Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Mon Jun 2 19:19:32 CEST 2003

Perhaps you want to start maintaining Rtips itself!

I don't have as much time for it as I used to.  I still think it is
valuable to have such a listing, but it is so hard to keep up to date
with R and I'm only doing minimal work to keep it up to date.  I'm
thinking of dropping altogether the section on packages because I just
can't keep up with the creativity of the R community.  I did most of
that list before Frank Harrell put up Hmisc and Design, you know.

The Rtips page is still up here:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/R/statsRus.html

The FaqManager software is starting to show its age, but it still works.
 If you want to be a contributor, I could assign for you a password on
that server.

Also, I think it will work if you go to this other name I have created
for this same thing:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/R/Rtips.html

Some users write and ask me why I did not contribute this doc to the R
homepage, and I have no good answer except that in the beginning I did
not have enough stuff to make it worthwhile.  Since the content of Rtips
can change on a daily/weekly basis, it did not seem right to just make a
snapshot and email it over. But I'm open to suggestions.

Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn at ukans.edu