[R] Building an R package under Windows NT

Benjamin.STABLER@odot.state.or.us Benjamin.STABLER at odot.state.or.us
Mon Jun 2 20:35:21 CEST 2003

I am trying to build a R 1.7 package under Windows NT.  I created the
DESCRIPTION file, the RD file and added the code to the R folder.  I also
downloaded and installed the Rtools package and have Perl 5.0.  I know that
Perl, Miktex, and gcc are working.  I also have my PATH variable set
correctly.  I can fake install my package by removing the *.R from the code
file, using Rcmd Rdconv to create the 00index.html file from my Rd file, and
copying the package folder to the library folder.  But I can't seem to get
Rcmd build to build a binary version of my package.  I can run build without
the "--binary" option and I get all my files in a taz.gz file.

D:\>Rcmd build emme2
* checking for file 'emme2/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'emme2':
* checking whether 'INDEX' is up-to-date ... OK
* removing junk files
* building 'emme2_0.1.tar.gz'

But when I try to build a precompiled binary package I get the following
response:

D:\>Rcmd build --binary emme2
* checking for file 'emme2/DESCRIPTION' ... OK

make: *** [pkg-emme2] Error 255
*** Installation of emme2 failed ***

installing R.css in c:/TEMP/Rbuild.225

* building 'emme2_0.1.zip'
zip error: Invalid command arguments (no such option: X)

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Benjamin Stabler
Transportation Planning Analysis Unit
Oregon Department of Transportation