[R] Estimates for proportions

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Jun 4 17:42:33 CEST 2003

	  1.  If none of the numbers are 0 or 1, I might try a logit
transformation log(p/(1-p)).  Then I'd make a normal probability plot of
the transformed variables to check the transformation.  If that seemed
OK., then I'd do the computations on logit space and back transform the
result.

	  2.  If some of the numbers are 0 or 1, I'd shrink everything from 0
and 1 using p0 = (c0+(1-2*c0)*p), then log(p0/(1-p0)).

	  Have you considered this?

hth.  spencer graves