[R] Rounding problem R vs Excel.

Knut M. Wittkowski kmw at rockefeller.edu
Wed Jun 4 18:03:56 CEST 2003

At 10:43 2003-06-04 -0300, you wrote:
>David A. Paul wrote:
>
> > I don't have the reference, but a biologist friend of mine once
> > showed me a refereed journal article that purported to demonstrate
> > numerical errors made by MSExcel.  This would have been Excel97 or
> > Excel2000... In any case, the journal's scope was biological in
> > nature and the article was of interest since Excel is heavily used in
> > that community.

Here is another reference on Excel "features":

http://www.rucares.org/Course/Excel.ppv

Note that this presentation runs with PowerPoint 97 and the viewer in more
recent versions, but that more recent versions of PowerPoint are not really
compatible.

Knut M. Wittkowski, PhD,DSc
The Rockefeller University, GCRC
1230 York Ave #121B, Box 322, NY,NY 10021
+1(212)327-7175, +1(212)327-8450 (Fax)
kmw at rockefeller.edu
http://www.rucares.org/statist/