[R] estimation stable distribution parameters

Pikounis, Bill v_bill_pikounis at merck.com
Thu Jun 5 14:52:30 CEST 2003

Dedi,
There is a very useful package called "stable" by Philippe Lambert and Jim
Lindsey at

http://alpha.luc.ac.be/~jlindsey/rcode.html

Look down that page to the "Probability functions and generalized regression
models for stable distributions" identifier.  And if you have not read it
already, I highly recommend the paper

Lambert, P. and Lindsey, J.K. (1999) Analysing financial returns using
regression models based on non-symmetric stable distributions. Applied
Statistics 48, 409-424.

It helps out nicely with understanding the parameterization, etc.

I have had good experiences using this package under Linux, but not so well
under Windows.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Bill Pikounis, Ph.D.