[R] persp(), par() and axis()

Timur Elzhov Timur.Elzhov at jinr.ru
Thu Jun 5 16:00:35 CEST 2003

Dear R experts,

On explanation of persp() parameters the last item is:

     ...: additional graphical parameters (see `par').

However, setting the `tcl' parameter has no any effect.
I guess that axes are added to persp() in somewhat freakish
way, and have nothing in common with axis() function.

I found the very useful trans3d() function in persp() help
page, and I'd like to use it with persp() + axis(), but I
didn't find how to draw axis() in arbitrary place & direction :(

So, I want to customize axes in persp(). Could anybody help me
solve this problem?
Thanks a lot!

--
WBR,