[R] coefficient of logistic regression

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Jun 5 17:01:17 CEST 2003

Dear can y,

At 03:04 PM 6/4/2003 +0300, orkun wrote:

>Dear Mr. Fox
>
>thank you very much all.
>
>Because of related to your answer. I ask you directly if you don't mind
>I studied several ways after my email.
>I wonder whether pgeo<-predict.glm(glm.ob,type="terms")
>gives same result with probability value I asked before.
>I tried on it. But it gives "Error in rep(1/n,n) %*% model.matrix(object):
>non conformable
>arguments" .

I don't know why this doesn't work for you -- it works for me. I don't
think that this will give you what you want, however: setting type="terms"
produces the (centred) term-wise components of the fitted values on the
scale of the linear predictor (i.e., the logit scale).

I think that the responses that you got previously from Tom Blackwell and
from me answer your question.

>By the way , your teaching notes is available on the internet ?

They are, along with other course materials, at
<http://www.math.yorku.ca/SCS/spida/glm/>. Unfortunately, these workshops
were taught using SAS rather than R (not my choice).

John
John Fox
Department of Sociology
McMaster University