[R] Extracting Numbers from MANOVA output

Ko-Kang Kevin Wang kwan022 at stat.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Jun 8 01:43:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

Suppose I have:
> summary(manova(plank.man))
                  Df Pillai approx F num Df den Df    Pr(>F)
plankton.new[, 1]  1 0.5267   9.8316      6     53 2.849e-07 ***
Residuals         58
---
Signif. codes:  0 `***' 0.001 `**' 0.01 `*' 0.05 `.' 0.1 ` ' 1

My understanding is the MANOVA summary returns a list.  However I am not
sure how to extract out only part of the list.  For example is I want to
extract the Pillai's test statistic, 0.5267, how can I do this?

--
Cheers,

Kevin

"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament],
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will
the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the
kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

-- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
---- From Computer Stupidities: http://rinkworks.com/stupid/

--
Ko-Kang Kevin Wang