[R] Problems for runing R in BATCH to generate PNG/JPEG files

Charlie Chen xingchun_chen at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 18:14:18 CEST 2003

Hello all:

After I compile the R-1.7 with the follows in
Linux7.3:

configure --with-x --with-jpeglib --with-libpng
--x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include
--x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib
and make and make install. The R is able to generate
PNG/JPEG files from the command line. However, when I
put the same commands in a batch file and run:

R --gui BATCH R.Batch.file

It gave me a error in the R.Batch.file.Rout:

Error in png("myplot.png") : R_X11 module cannot be
loaded
In addition: Warning message:
X11 module is not available under this GUI
Execution halted

Would you please guide me through to fix the problem?
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Charlie