[R] lars - lasso problem

Martin Wegmann baliola at riseup.net
Fri Jun 13 15:27:15 CEST 2003

hello

I tried to use lars() but neither with my own data nor with the sample data it
works. I get in both cases the following error prompt:

> data(diabetes)
> par(mfrow=c(2,2))
> attach(diabetes)
> x<-lars(x,y)
Error in one %*% x : requires numeric matrix/vector arguments
> x<-lars(x,y, type="lasso")
Error in one %*% x : requires numeric matrix/vector arguments
> x<-lars(x,y, type="lar")
Error in one %*% x : requires numeric matrix/vector arguments

due to the prompt "requires numeric matrix..." I changed the variables to
matrix/vector or used different columns but it doesn't work either.

what does "error in one %*%x mean?

thanks in advance, cheers Martin