Building R Packages (was: [R] (no subject)

Ko-Kang Kevin Wang kwan022 at stat.auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jun 18 04:51:08 CEST 2003

1) Please use some meaningful Subject.

2) Have you read Prof Ripley's http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/Rtools/
(hint: you may want to download the tools.zip file).

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Mark Piorecky wrote:

> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:19:32 -0600
> From: Mark Piorecky <mpiorecky at hotmail.com>
> To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
> Subject: [R] (no subject)
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to R and am trying to create a dll in order to be able to use the "dyn.load" function with a fortran script.  I have a windows OS, have installed perl and the Path is recognized.  I have also installed R 1.70 including the src (source code) folder.  But when I attempt to create the dll by excecuting "Rcmd SHLIB [-o autologdll] combo.f", in the windows command prompt, I get the following error message "'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command"
>
> Does anyone have some suggestions on what I may have missed?
>
> Thanx a ton!
>
> Mark
> 	[[alternate HTML version deleted]]

Cheers,

Kevin

"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament],
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will
the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the
kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

-- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
---- From Computer Stupidities: http://rinkworks.com/stupid/

--
Ko-Kang Kevin Wang