[R] dyn.load() function problem help!

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Wed Jun 18 18:09:10 CEST 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Mu Yunming wrote:

> My source code is writen in fortran 90 and i complied the source code using
> command f90. How do you think I should complie my source file and build the
> shared library?

You probably need to figure this out: R doesn't explicitly support F90 on
any platform.

Two things are needed
1/  You have to be able to create a DLL that is properly linked to all the
libraries it needs.  Your compiler documentation should tell you how to do
this.

2/ The functions you call from R need to use the same calling conventions
as the compilers used to compiler R.  Duncan Murdoch has information at
 http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software/compilingDLLs/
that describes how to do this for various compilers. Even if your's isn't
on the list this might still be helpful

	-thomas