[R] excel files and R

Morrison, Gordon Gordon.Morrison at CommerzbankIB.com
Wed Jun 25 10:42:55 CEST 2003

If you really want to run windows from R (in my experience it is much better
to reside entirely within R) then I think that you need to use Duncan Temple
Lang's RDCOM package ( http://www.omegahat.org/ ). It works well and
robustly for connections to other packages and I have tested it for Excel.

Regards,

Gordon Morrison
Global Head of Quantitative Research