[R] using R as a script; getting the output to display on screen

Nick Helseth nhhelseth at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 27 18:38:28 CEST 2003

Hello-

I'm trying to run R from the command line using a function as an input; it
seems to run ok when I use "Rterm --vanilla < name_of_R_function.R" (by ok,
I mean that it will say that it's reading in the correct items) but the
graphics won't display on screen.  Do I need to explicitly define an output
device?  Like "Rterm --vanilla < name_of_R_function.R >
standard_display_device"?  If that is the case, I don't suppose anyone
happens to know the name of the screen display device in Windows, do they?
Or is something wrong with the way I'm calling it.  I've also tried "Rcmd
BATCH --vanilla name_of_R_function.R" to no avail.  If I've just missed this
in the documentation and/or mailing list archive, I apologize.

Thanks for your time,
Nick