[R] Tabulating

Anne York york at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 3 16:59:02 CET 2003

It seems that you are trying to obtain a tabulations of runs on length 2 in
your vector.

So for

 data<-c(10,10,11,10,12,11,10,12,11,11,10,11)

#define data2 as:

data2 <- c(data[-1],NA)

# Then, on way to obain the runs is to use table on data and data2:

 table(data,data2)

    data2
data 10 11 12
  10  1  2  2
  11  3  1  0
  12  0  2  0

I believe there is also a package written especially to do analyses of runs
in data, but offhand, I don't recall the name of it.

Anne

Anne E. York
National Marine Mammal Laboratory
Seattle WA 98115-0070  USA