[R] saving a plot to a file

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Mar 3 18:38:03 CET 2003

Rajarshi Guha wrote:

> Hi,
>   I'm a new user of R and have managed to make a plot of a histogram. Is there
> any way I set the title and axes labels and then save the plot as an image
> (png/gif)?

This is a joke, isn't it?

What about
a) reading the manual "An Introduction to R" (in particular its Section
12: Graphical Procedures),
b) reading the help pages for functions you are using,
c) using the help facilities to find functions you want to use,
d) looking for previous relevant messages in the R help archives,
e) looking into any other documentation or good book related to R.

Each one of the above mentioned methods helps!
Or for short: RTFM!

An annoyed voluntary help provider,
Uwe Ligges