[R] log axis assignment

Marc Schwartz mschwartz at medanalytics.com
Tue Mar 4 06:27:03 CET 2003

You cannot set the log scaling in the fashion in which you are trying
by setting par(ylog) as an argument to plot().  Presumably you are
getting the following error message:

"parameter "ylog" couldn't be set in high-level plot() function"

Try this instead using the proper 'log' argument to plot:

for (n in colnames(raw))
{
  if(n == "pH")
    plot(full.age, raw[,n], type = "n",  log = "y")
  else
    plot(full.age, raw[,n], type = "n")
}

See ?plot.default for more information.

Also, "T" and "F" as quoted characters are not the same as TRUE and
FALSE as logical boolean values.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz