[R] Error in terms.default()

Ross Ihaka ihaka at stat.auckland.ac.nz
Thu Mar 6 20:39:27 CET 2003

Daniel A. Powers wrote:
> R-list --
>
> I am working with some SPlus code and get the following error
>
> Error in terms.default(formula, data = data) :
>         no terms component
>
> Can someone point me to a fix? The pasted formula looks ok
> when printed during the procedure.

Without a more detailed description it's hard to say what's wrong.  It
looks a little like the terms.default method has been called directly
rather than via the generic terms function.  This is generally a bad idea.

Ross Ihaka                         Email:  ihaka at stat.auckland.ac.nz
Department of Statistics           Phone:  (64-9) 373-7599 x 85054
University of Auckland             Fax:    (64-9) 373-7018
Private Bag 92019, Auckland
New Zealand