[R] multiple plots and postscript()

Robin Hankin r.hankin at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Mar 6 23:26:25 CET 2003

Kia Ora everybody.

There must be an obvious answer to this, but I can't see it....

I want four square plots in one postscript file.  The canonical answer
would be:

postscript(file="~/f.ps",width=5,height=5)
par(pty="s",mfrow=c(2,2))
plot(1:19,xlab="")
plot(1:19,xlab="")
plot(1:19,xlab="")
plot(1:19,xlab="")
dev.off()

But this isn't quite what I want because there is too much space
between the individual plots.  The problem does not occur in quite the
same way on the X11() device (why is there a difference?)

What is the best way to control this aspect of the plot if I want
postscript output?

--

Robin Hankin, Lecturer,
School of Geography and Environmental Science

r.hankin at auckland.ac.nz
tel 0064-9-373-7599 x6820; FAX 0064-9-373-7042