[R] [Ann] New version of pmg -- Poor Man's GUI

verzani@math.csi.cuny.edu verzani at math.csi.cuny.edu
Fri Mar 7 21:44:17 CET 2003

For those who are interested,

I've finished release of 0.4 of pmg and have placed it on my website
at http://www.math.csi.cuny.edu/Statistics/R/pmg.

The pmg package provides some GUI elements using the RGtk package and
friends: RGtk, OOP, RGtkExtra, RGtkHTML, RGdkPixbuf, RGtkViewers and
REventLoop from www.omegahat.org and gtkDevice from CRAN. (These
require a form of UNIX such as linux, OS X etc.) In particular the key
elements are a menubar with some basic dialogs for doing statistical
analysis and a spreadsheet interface. The goal is to make it a bit
easier for beginners to use R. It doesn't offer too much (yet?) for
advanced users.

This is still alpha quality software but seems usable enough. I'd
appreciate any bug reports and comments.

--
|  John Verzani                            verzani at math.csi.cuny.edu  |