[R] Mac OS X help

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Sun Mar 9 01:49:34 CET 2003

1. Upgrade to 1.6.2
2. If you want to "see" a program, use the Carbon version.
3. If you want the Darwin version, say "/usr/local/bin/R" in the
terminal window, make sure you have X11 installed, and add
/usr/local/bin to your path.

--- Jan

On Saturday, Mar 8, 2003, at 16:30 US/Pacific, Anthony Fristachi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed R-1.5.1 on my Mac running OS X 10.2.4 I cannot seem to
> find the
> program anywhere. How do I open it. This is very frustrating
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tony

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu

           No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                    http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.au