[R] How to store histogram plots

Ott Toomet otoomet at econ.dk
Mon Mar 10 09:46:35 CET 2003

Dear Hong,

Why do you want to save the histogram on the disk?  Is it not enough
just to draw them one-by-one and read in only the data necessary for
the current one?

However, you may consider:

1) look what the hist() returns.  In particular, it has $counts
   component which you may use in order to draw a pre-calculated
   histogram later (using barplot()).  Now save the returned list
   either in a list or to the disk (using save()).  Later plot all the
   histograms.  In fact, here you are not limited with different
   histograms on different panels, you may e.g. put color-coded bars
   from different histograms on the same plot, fit a surface
   etc.  This is the flexible way.

2) Divide the graphic screen (e.g. using par(mfrow)), read the
   datasets one-by-one and plot corresponding histograms.  This is a
   simpler way.

Regards,

Ott