[R] memory limit

Laurent Gautier laurent at cbs.dtu.dk
Fri Mar 14 03:01:04 CET 2003

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 02:11:59PM -0800, Kristina Hanspers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get an error saying " Cannot allocate vector of size 71289kb". So I tried
> to increase memory by memory.limit(size=3000000000), I also tried other
> numbers. Each time I get the message NULL and then I still get the same
> error as above. I'm using Windows 2000. The system has 1G RAM, and 1.6GHz
> processor. I was only running R, and was trying to do use a BioConductor
> package. I apparociate your answer. Thanks,
>
> Kristina

It could truly mean that the memory is exhausted. I cannot think
of doing any diagnosis before knowing more about what you are
trying to do (which package in BioC are you using, what kind of
dataset are you working on, what is it's size, etc...)

Hopin' it helps,

Laurent

currently at the National Yang-Ming University in Taipei, Taiwan