[R] error installing R on linux 8.0

Martyn Plummer plummer at iarc.fr
Fri Mar 14 11:32:58 CET 2003

The problem in this case is that the RPM file is corrupted.  Try
downloading a fresh copy from CRAN.

To check if the package has been corrupted type:
rpm -K --nosignature /mnt/cdrom/linux/8.x/R-1.6.2-1.i386.rpm

It is possible to install a gpg-signed RPM package without importing the
corresponding public key into the RPM database.

Martyn