[R] grasper installation

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Mar 14 16:08:48 CET 2003

Hello,

I have Tcl/tk installed but it is version 8.4. I already have a problem
with NVIZ in GRASS which requires 8.3 and doesn't work now. Same problem
with grasp?

doesn't work means that R responds after I typed in
> grasp.GUI()
command not recognized (or similar prompt)

thanks martin

ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk wrote:

> MASS is part of VR, and all of VR, mgcv, modreg and tcltk (sic) are
> part of all of every R installation (or should be).
>
> However, tcltk will not work unless you have Tcl/Tk installed.
>
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Martin Wegmann wrote:
>
> > Hello R user,
> >
> > I downloaded grasper_0.3-2.tar.gz and installed it as described.
> > $ su
> > $ R CMD INSTALL grasper_0.3-2.tar.gz
> > $ R
> > that seems to work, but
>
> You did actually have
>
> library(grasper)
>
> here, didn't you?
>
> > > grasp.GUI()
> > doesn't work. I read the note, that graspeR need mgcv (downloaded),
> > MASS, modreg and tcktk . I haven't found the last 3 packetages in the
> > Suse 8.1 contrib list. Where can I find them? Or what could be the
> > problem?
>
> So should we guess that you are using SuSe Linux?  What version of R?
> And does `doen't work' actually mean?
>
> --

Martin Wegmann
Department of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology
Zoology III, Biocenter
Am Hubland
97074 Würzburg
Germany