[R] Fw: length() misbehaving?: More

David Parkhurst parkhurs at indiana.edu
Fri Mar 14 16:44:14 CET 2003

With the problem below, I've discoved that
n95trt<-length(byyr$cnd95[byyr$cnd95=="tr"&!is.na(byyr$cnd95)])
does give me the correct count for the number of "tr" entries.  (The same behavior
occurs for the "c" level of the cnd95 factor.)  It appears that
byyr$cnd95=="tr"
is finding both "tr" AND NA entries.  Is this a bug, or is it to be expected?

Dave

Subject: length() misbehaving?