[R] Keywords

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Mar 15 04:52:54 CET 2003

[This sort of question might be better on R-devel.]

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Frank E Harrell Jr wrote:

> In trying to get R CMD check to run for Hmisc and Design, I get a
lot of warnings about key words that are not defined to R.
Is there now a way to add new key words to the master list, or to
have a local list that is concatenated to the master?

There is no way. The primary use for the list of keywords is the Java
search engine in HTML, and that uses a static list generated from the
KEYWORDS file at R build time.  That makes it a good idea to use at least
one of the standard keywords, and makes using others of little value.
(But not zero value: keywords are used in the refman.pdf although I think
that is not much used.)

> If there is no way to do this, I assume that the use of non-standard
keywords will not disqualify a package from CRAN.

Ask the CRAN maintainers?

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk