[R] how to use R in delphi or vb ?

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Mon Mar 17 15:17:57 CET 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:01:39 +0900, you wrote:

>Dear Sirs,
>I am a beginner of R .
>Please teach me.
>Do someone teach me how to use R within 'delphi ' or Visual Basic?

Someone else gave the link to the COM interface for calling R from
those languages.  If you want to write numerical code in Delphi and
call it from R, you should create a DLL, exporting the function(s)er
using the "cdecl" calling convention.  If your routine doesn't need to
allocate memory which will be returned to R, that's it.  If you want
to create strings or vectors or more complicated structures and return
them, you need to call internal R functions.

Mark Bravington has put together some sample code for Delphi, which
I've promised to put up on a web page somewhere; I haven't done that
yet though.

Duncan Murdoch