[R] Error in file(file, "r")

Chisolm, Barbara barbara.chisolm at glenayre.com
Mon Mar 17 17:52:17 CET 2003

Hello,

I am a new user of R, and I am not able to read/scan external files.  I am
working in a Linux environment.  I have read through the R FAQ and documents
and have not been successful using the recommendations.  Below are several
scripts I've used and the error messages. .

I've cc'd Brandon Whitcher because it was recommended in another FAQ.   I
read that this is a bug that occurs on Windows.   Is there is a patch/fix
that I can use?  I'd appreciate any help with this problem.

Thnx,
Barbara Chisolm

Test2 <- scan("C:\\bac\\TestData2")
Error in file(file, "r") : cannot open file `C:\bac\TestData2

                                                                         '
> test1<-read.table('J:/bac/R/TestDataWord.txt')
Error in file(file, "r") : cannot open file `J:/bac/R/TestDataWord.txt'

> setwd("J:/bac/R/")
Error in setwd(dir) : cannot change working directory