[R] Trying to build R-1.6.2 under sparc-sun-solaris2.9.

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Mar 17 18:05:49 CET 2003

Rolf Turner <rolf at math.unb.ca> writes:

> This is a follow-up to a message I posted yesterday concerning
> building R-1.6.2.
>
> After a deafening silence regarding that first message I decided
> to be fool-hardy and just comment out the line that seemed to
> be giving trouble in the file /usr/include/sys/stream.h.
>
> This worked for a while, but soon another error resulted:
> Has anyone out there a clue as to what is going on, and what
> I might do to fix it?

[The R-core team is in meetings in Vienna, so the response rate is not
going to be great this week]

It's certainly doable:

> version
         _
platform sparc-sun-solaris2.9
arch     sparc
os       solaris2.9
system   sparc, solaris2.9
status
major    1
minor    6.2
year     2003
month    01
day      10
language R

It's been a while since I built that, but that's pretty much a vanilla
system with the Solaris 9 freeware installed.

Your configure output suggests that you hav a system installation
problem and some include files has gone AWOL. Check the config.log for
hints about what might be missing.