[R] Using .Call function to do matrix calculation

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Mar 17 21:59:05 CET 2003

Dear Deli Wang,

Perhaps this isn't what you're looking for, but it occurs to me that you
probably can do this problem without compiled code as sapply(1:nrow(a),
function(i) sum(a[i,] * b[,i])). This doesn't use much memory, and though
it may execute slowly, you may also get the answer before you debug your C
code.

I hope that this helps,
  John