[R] postscript and ps.option metrics

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 18 09:11:56 CET 2003

Inches do work as documented, but you need to read an `An Introduction to
R' to see what it measures: it is the device region, not the figure region
nor the plot region.  That reference will tell you how to compute the size
of one from another.

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Patrick Mcleod wrote:

> I am working on a project to generate a particular celeration graph
that requires a very specific height and width in the format of the
postscript output.

> I have attempted to specify my height and width parameters in inches
as I found in the R help documentation, but this produces a graph
much smaller than what it should if the standard metric is indeed inches.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk