[R] barplot legend size

Marc Schwartz mschwartz at medanalytics.com
Fri Mar 21 15:59:35 CET 2003

Ott,

When you say the size of the legend I presume that you mean the text
within the legend given that you are trying to use par("cex").

Instead of creating the legend within the barplot() call (ie.
barplot(...., legend = ....) ), remove the 'legend' argument and call
legend() after the barplot call with your legend specifications.

See ?legend, which provides additional formatting flexibility,
including position, text size and spacing options among others.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz