[R] locfit troubles

Roger Peng rpeng at stat.ucla.edu
Tue Mar 25 23:15:49 CET 2003

You should look at

Loader, C. (1999) Local Regression and Likelihood, Springer.

on which the package is based.  In particular, check out page 218.

locfit() evaluates the regression surface over a grid that's chosen
adaptively.  In small bandwidth situations, it can run out of memory for
storing the grid.  Try increasing the `maxk' argument.

-roger
UCLA Department of Statistics
rpeng at stat.ucla.edu
http://www.stat.ucla.edu/~rpeng