[R] Plotting K-M Curve when have several strata

p.b.pynsent p.b.pynsent at bham.ac.uk
Fri Mar 28 17:17:55 CET 2003

Kevin,
If you really want to get control of the colours then pick up the
relevant returned values and pass them individually to lines().
foo[[2]] will hold time axis, foo[[8]] and [[9]]the upper and lower ci.
I actually feed the ci values into polygon() and am then able to
produce shaded confidence intervals.
eg
fit.r <- survfit(Surv(fuperiod, censor), data=s.data, type=
"kaplan-meier", conf.type="plain", conf.lower="peto")
x <- c(0,fit.r[[2]]) #add at time 0
y <- c(1,fit.r[[5]])
plot(x,y, col="blue",type="n",xlab="Time (years)",ylab="Proportion
surviving")
xp <- c(x,rev(x))
yp <- c(1,fit.r[[8]],rev(fit.r[[9]]),1)
polygon(xp,yp,density=NULL,col="pink", border= "pink", lwd=0.5)
lines(x,y, col="blue",type="l",lwd=3)

Paul