[R] obtaining coefficients from a pspline fit

Nirmal Govind nirmalg at psu.edu
Sat Mar 29 23:14:03 CET 2003

Thanks for your reply...

> 2) I don't see why you think the coefficients would be useful.  You need
> to know the knots and the respresentation of the spline too.  What do you
> want to do with them?  For almost all purposes you want to call predict

The reason I wanted the coefficients is so that I can do the prediction outside
of R, say for example in Excel, once the spline has been created.

I just googled and found that there's something called RExcel which can call R
from within Excel.. I think this might be what I need then... will give it a
try..

Thanks,
nirmal