[R] Statistical computing

Tanya Murphy tmurph6 at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 31 16:04:25 CEST 2003

Thanks to all who have replied to this. I find the advice very encouraging.
I've been reading the recommended links on Sweave and I think it will answer a
major part of my goals.

As for Perl vs. Python, I don't know which would be best. I've started out in
Perl because someone got me started with a little Perl program, but I've
looked at Python, too. I'm working in Windows (and that's not likely to change
anytime soon--at the office, anyway) and I think WinEdt serves as a good
enhanced editor for the main applications--LaTex, R and Perl--as well as a way
to organize the files for a project. The GUI for Pyton seems nice, too,
though.

Saghir, why do you prefer Python?

Is there a fairly easy way to become SAS-free for data management and
cleaning? I'm told R is really not ideal for data cleaning. Is this what RODBC
is about?

Tanya

<Saghir.Bashir at UCB-Group.com> =====