[R] Statistical computing

Pikounis, Bill v_bill_pikounis at merck.com
Mon Mar 31 16:53:22 CEST 2003

Hi Tanya,
You really cannot lose with either Perl or Python.  Either of them, along
with other tools mentioned, will suffice for making your work SAS-free. But
I would also not underestimate R for "data-cleaning"...

> Is there a fairly easy way to become SAS-free for data management and
> cleaning? I'm told R is really not ideal for data cleaning.

I must admit that I am always eager to debunk the myth that SAS is (so much)
better than the S language for data management, because to me the myth
mostly points out that many statisticians have never used anything else but
SAS.

Best Regards,
Bill

Bill Pikounis, Ph.D.