[R] summary("font problems in X11 with linux R")

Fredrik Lundgren fredrik.lundgren at norrkoping.mail.telia.com
Mon Mar 31 17:27:44 CEST 2003

Marvellous!

Thanks to Marc Swartz and Peter Dalgaard the "font problems in X11 with linux
R" was solved.
I added
 /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi
/etc/X11/fs/config
but nothing happened until I in addition installed
100dpi
fonts from the SUSE dvd
and then alas - no more font problems
with 'pairs', 'scatterplot.matrix' etc but still the window with message:
"Warning: Cannot convert string
"-*-helvetica-*-*-*-*-*-*-12-*-*-*-iso8859-1"to type FontsStruct" comes up
with help.start() on Netscape.

However, I think this is a little unfair of SuSE.....

Well, thanks again a lot

Fredrik