[R] "prediction intervals for glm"

Fredrik Lundgren fredrik.lundgren at norrkoping.mail.telia.com
Thu May 1 13:47:28 CEST 2003

Hello again,

I wouldn't know anything about the theoretical problems with glm and a binary outcome but there is a "prediction interval" in predict.glm of  S-Plus(6.02 version something). I have failed to source it to R (and I do have difficulties with the higher forms of matrix manipulations). In the medical field where I'm active I think it has a high value to generate "prediction intervals" for risk and benefit calculations for individual patients. If it's theoretically fishy or unsound with a prediction interval maybe some bootstrap appraoch could do the trick?

Sincerely Fredrik Lundgren