[R] windows data editor changes dimensions displayed data frames

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Fri May 9 13:05:56 CEST 2003

On Fri, 09 May 2003 11:34:08 +0300, Bernd Ebersberger
<bernd.ebersberger at vtt.fi> wrote:

>dear R-tists,
>
>i am experiencing a problem with the data editor in the windows version of
>R 1.6.1 envoked with the command 'fix'.
>
>the data editor changes the size of large data frames.

I can confirm this in the current R-patched.  I'll take a look.  It
might be that some limitation to the code means you won't be able to
edit big data frames (it looks like somewhere it's using a 16 bit row
count), but it certainly shouldn't silently change things.

Duncan Murdoch